Monday, January 11, 2010

Destination Unknown, but Prospects Good.



I've been hulled up sneezing, coughing, hacking, sleeping, drinking tons of tea and eating lots of oranges for the last 3 days. One thing that has pulled me out of this funky haze of benedryl and day quil is the prospect of something bigger in my life. Something to happen sooner than I'd like to think or admit.
     I'm going to take the plunge. Go out on a limb. Reach for the stars. All that hoo-ey we hear from our most supportive throughout our younger years.
Instead of doing the perfectly responsible thing like, go-to-Grad-School and get-another-degree and have to be-under-the-governments-thumb-of-scrutiny in my practice and throughout my life, I've decided to look elsewhere for options I have previously shoved behind me. All those dreams are in my bin of lost ambitions. This one though, I think, I'll be pulling out of the bin. For ol' times sake.

     Last month was rough. Denied from my dream school, racked with guilt for not having gotten more A's or done more charity work. Working at the same job, which is like a little family, but also a place for me to hide. Ridden with disillusionment about what I was doing with my life, I searched the internet, books, my mind and my inner most desires for what I thought I needed, what my future needed. Unfortunately along the way I rekindled my love for cheese (particular favorite is this Goat Gouda which is out of control amazing), but nonetheless found solace in a place I had previously deemed far out of my league. So far from what I was able to grasp, it was always seemed just a fantasy.
Instead of letting this little dream float around in my head, bumping into more sensible options and passing by the sound secure jobs I could have in my future, I decided that this year would FINALLY be different for me. This year, I will do what I have always wanted to do, not what everyone else thought I should do. This year 2010 will be but a small smudge mark in my little timeline on this earth.

I cannot yet reveal what it is, because not all the puzzle pieces are in place. Not all the funds are adequate, or for that matter remotely adequate. My nerves about the situation are tensed up like noose. I suffer from what I call stress induced by opinions. All opinions, good and bad, can be the death of any idea for me. Not sure why, but even the slightest "Well, what I think you should do..." comment can send me over the edge of the cliff, face first into reconsideration of the entire plan. Its tough to be the kind of person I want to be, when all I hear is opinions about how I should be.
So this is my middle finger to that kind of thinking from now on. Instead I am full steam ahead.
Next stop, wait and see.

   Also, before the sickness of Jan. 2010 ensued I made the above entree. It is a baked Penne Pasta with my Yellow Tomato Sauce mixed with Parmesan and Mozzarella. Unreal good, and so fast to make.
Recipes made up by yours truly that are simple and fast, high five! Plus the salad, also above, with it was to die for. Fresh garden lettuces, with zuchinni and carrot ribbons and ruby red ripe tomatoes. Done and Done.

But it will have to wait, I've got a nose to blow and some more day quil to take.

6 comments:

Ashley, The Accidental Olympian said...

WHAT IS IT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping it's culinary school...

Sorry. I mean, I have NO opinion about anything. Ever. :)

Unknown said...

Could be could be...
Few more things need to shake out.

Anonymous said...

Sounds intriguing, I hope it all works out for you, no matter which path you choose,at least your're on your own path. I know what you mean about being nervous. Sometimes the best rewards come with the biggest leaps of faith.

Ashley, The Accidental Olympian said...

LOVE IT! I hope it's in Europe or NYC so that I can visit you and bask in your amazingness.

NO PRESSURE though.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks